Thursday, October 8, 2009

(Mostly) Silent Skies

Sunrise over the Missions


Pesca making a great retrieve on a not-so-great bird


Neglecting some minor responsibilities in favor of going duck hunting, Karl and I took a look up around Ninepipes this morning. Gorgeous morning: clear, cold, with fog coming off the potholes...birdy. Apparently the birds didn't agree, as there wasn't much happening. We did see several good flights of geese throughout the morning, but they had other plans that didn't include us! I did manage to double-up on a flight of five blue-wing teal that materialized out of thin air over the decoys (just about the time I was dozing off). Broke down out of boredom towards late morning and popped a scaup...maybe I'll feed it to my roommates. Good to get out again. I'm Clearwater-bound tomorrow morning!



Three little birds...







Karl and Pesca peering out from the frozen bush



Looking north over the decoys




No comments:

Post a Comment