Monday, August 17, 2009

Shit hits the fan? Take a road-trip.

It hasn't been the best week for me. Two days before moving out of my old house, the transmission went out on my truck on the way home from a trip. With clients in the car. Awesome.

So now I'm faced with not only trying to work without a functioning vehicle (I joked with one friend about going Amish and pulling my boat with horses....can't get any greener than that), but also trying to move out of my place without a functioning vehicle. Moving sucks as it is; try doing it without a car. Thank God I've got the most incredible friends in the world, and I've been able to borrow vehicles for both working and moving purposes. Baker, Kyle, Jess, Jamie, Jay, Emily....thank you, thank you, thank you.

While the rig's in the shop and I wait for the phone call from the mechanic to find out which of my internal organs I'm going to need to eBay to afford the repair, Jamie presented an idea to stave off depression: road trip.

As luck would have it, Jamie just inherited a 22-foot, 1966 Airstream trailer. Talk about a worthy addition to the recreational quiver. This thing's parked on a ranch somewhere in southeastern Montana, just a stone's throw from some very fishy water that's off the beaten path from our usual trout haunts. So I can sit here with my thumb up my butt waiting to write a very painful check to the mechanic, or I can hit the road with a good buddy, fish some new water, and pick up one sweet camper. Game on.
Land Yacht Acquired.

Jamie fondling his new toy.

Pan of the middle Stillwater River

No comments:

Post a Comment